In January of 2012, Stage 4 of the WE DO Campaign will take us through multiple Southern states and end in our nation’s capital. As we gear up for this big push, join us for a fun, free day of campaign trainings to build your organizing skills and connect with WE DO participants from other communities.
When: Saturday, December 1, 2012 | 11 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Location: First Congregational Church | Friendship Hall (look for CSE signs!)
20 Oak Street (downtown, off College Street) Asheville, NC, 28801
Registration: Please complete this online registration form so we can plan for meals and workshop attendance.
WE DO Training:
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. – Welcome and Introduction
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Workshop Block 1
- 12:30 to 1 p.m. – Lunch break
- 1 to 2 p.m. – Workshop Block 2
- 2 to 3 p.m. – Workshop Block 3
- 3 to 3:15 p.m. – Wrap up
- 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. – Family Dinner (also at First Congregational Church)
- 6:00 to 6:30 p.m. – Support Team training
- 6:30 to 7 p.m. – WE DO couple training
Workshops include Media Training; Transgender and Genderqueer Information; Peacekeeping Team Workshop; and Arts and Social Change. You can read full workshop descriptions here.
If you’re traveling from out of town, community housing will be available.
Additional information about the day is available on the front page of our website: www.southernequality.org